Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weight Classes (MMA)

As I sit and ponder... I realize the purpose to speak on something important in MMA... Weight Classes.


I feel that the UFC made their own weight classes on a broad scale of what was fitting for the moment. Is this true information, No. I honestly do not know. But I do however believe in balance.

With the influence of the UFC, I believe they should rebuild their weight classes.

In my opinion the weight classes for the Zuffa Family should follow:

UFC
155 - LightWeight
165 - Welterweight
175 - Heavy Welterweight
185 - Middleweight
195 - Heavy Middleweight
205 - Light Heavyweight
225 - Heavyweight

WEC
105 - Super Flyweight
115 - Flyweight
125 - Light Bantamweight
135 - Bantamweight
145 - Featherweight
265 - Cruiserweight

I also feel that if Zuffa was to market towards the Female MMA culture, they should do so on WEC and not UFC.

No comments: